Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS: I love you!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sem1973

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PS: I love you! Empty
PostSubject: PS: I love you!   PS: I love you! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 4:38 pm

I rented a dvd yesterday called "PS, I love you". It has Hilary Swank, Gerald Butler, Kathy Bates, Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe from "Friends"), and Harry Connick Jr. in it. I don't know if anyone on this board has seen this movie yet but it is definately a four hanky movie; if you know what I mean. I don't want to say too much about this movie just in case anyone wants to see it but it made me think of Reela.

Neela initially thought she had lost the love of her life when Michael died but we all knew that he wasn't the true love of Neela's life. That title belonged to another man; aka: Ray Barnett.

The heroine in this movie loses the love of her life and the majority of the movie is how she struggles to move on.

It made me wonder what is more painful; having your true love die and having to move on without him/her OR having your true love move away and move on with another woman/man. In one scenario you know that person you love is never coming back because they have died so you have no choice but to eventually move on or you'll spend the rest of your life in misery. In the second scenario, for whateaver reason, your love has moved away and has moved on with someone else. Though that love may not be with you; he/she is still alive and out there somewhere. Depending on the circumstances, there could still be a chance in the second scenrio to resurrect your lost love and get a second chance.

In Neela's case, though we know that having Michael die was very painful for Neela; she had no choice but to accept it eventually because there was no possible way he was ever coming back. In the case with Ray; he didn't die but he moved away to rebuild his life. Just as with Michael; Neela has tried to move on since Ray left. The big difference is that she will see Ray again in October and it will be a living reminder of what she lost. This time around Neela will find it isn't so easy to move on. She will get a glimmer of hope possibily that maybe they could get a second chance. Then during the infamous phone call the following month; she will realize that the "glimmer" is slowly fading in that Ray has met someone new and believes that Neela and him are only friends.

Now the shoe is on the other foot; Neela is now in the position of having to fight for Ray if she wants that glimmer to become a full-fledged flame. Ray's no longer running after Neela; his life's course has taken a new direction. Neela's ship is now stuck at the pier and Ray's ship has taken a different course. Ray's ship came back for a visit but he has no plans to make Chicago his home port. If Neela wants to sail off into the sunset with Ray; she's going to have to pull that "anchor of loneliness" out of the " quick-sand of denial" and head off into uncharterd waters (having to be the pursuer instead of the pursued). It won't be completely smooth sailing but if she stays steadfast against the "wave of obstacles", she will be able to reach her destination and hopefully convince her lost love that her ship is in his port to stay.

Sorry for the nauticle metaphors but once I get started it's hard to stop. lol!

GO REELA! cheers cheers cheers

Peace,
Sem1973
Back to top Go down
pkd_roomies4ever

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: PS: I love you!   PS: I love you! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:13 am

I watched that movie recently too! I loved it and i thought about reela as well. I guess great minds think alike. lol!

P.S. I LOVE your metaphors.

haha
Back to top Go down
akaz

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: PS: I love you!   PS: I love you! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Yes I know what film you're talking about - I've read the book, haven't seen the movie yet! It's by Cecilia Ahern - an Irish writer, she's very good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS: I love you!   PS: I love you! Empty

Back to top Go down

PS: I love you!
Page 1 of 1