Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
babyblue

babyblue

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! Empty
PostSubject: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 am

Summary: Takes place around the time of The Beginning of the End. What will it take for Neela to realize that she loves Ray? Will Valentine's Day help open her eyes? When will Simon realize there's more going on between Ray and Neela than just friendship?

Neela's Realization

Chapter One

Neela goes in the doctor's lounge and is putting things into her locker when Simon comes in.

Simon: Happy Valentine's Day.

Neela: You too.

Simon: When is your shift over?

Neela: About 30 minutes.

Simon: Ok. I have something special planned.

Neela: What is it?

Simon: I'll be waiting for you at your apartment.

Neela: I don't even get a hint?

Simon: No, I'll see you there.

Neela came home to find Simon on her doorstep and noticed there was a box. She starts to pick it up and Simon takes it from her and helps her carry it inside. Simon immediately recognizes the name on the return address.

Simon: It's from Ray.

(Neela looks and has an incredible urge to open the box but feels awkward with Simon in the room)

Simon: Aren't you going to open it?

Neela: Um no, not yet.

Simon: So, I wanted to make you dinner.

Neela is a thousand miles away, she couldn't help staring at the box, wondering what was in it.

Neela: What?

Simon: Dinner.

Neela: I'm not very hungry.

Simon: I could go buy some champagne.

Neela: Ok.

The minute Simon leaves she immediately opens the box. She's deeply touched that Ray would take the time to send her a gift. She finds a card that reads 'Happy Valentine's Day'. She opens it and it says 'Hey roomie, hope you like it. Miss you. Happy Valentine's Day. Ray'. She pulls out some candy hearts and some chocolate kisses. She smiles when she sees the bottle of tequila. Also in the box: KC and the Sunshine Band CD.

Neela: He remembered.

She picks up a photo album with a picture of them on the front, the same photo from the Valentine's CD. She opens it and it's filled with pictures of them. One of them at Sam's birthday party, another from the Christmas party, one from his visit on Halloween, and countless others.

Neela: (Smiles) I can't believe he did this.

She looks in the box and gasps when she sees the last item. She pulls out Ray's shirt, her eyes start to fill with tears. She pulls the shirt close to her and brings it to her nose and closes her eyes. She gets her phone out of her purse and calls Ray.

Ray: Hey.

Neela: Hey. I um.....I just opened your gift.

Ray: I hope you liked it. I wanted to give you something special.

Neela: I love it Ray, thank you.

Ray: You're welcome.

Neela: What are your plans for tonight?

Ray: I made some food and The Fog is going to be on HBO later.

Neela: No date?

Ray: No

Neela: What about that girl from Georgia?

Ray: I broke up with her.

Neela: You did?

Ray: Yeah, a few months ago. Do you have any plans for tonight?

Neela: Nothing special.

There's a short pause

Ray: I really miss you.

Neela: I miss you too. Ray?

Ray: Yeah?

Neela: Happy Valentine's Day.

Ray: Happy Valentine's Day, Neela. Goodnight.

Neela: Goodnight.

Neela hangs up the phone, turns around and sees Simon standing there. He heard the whole conversation.

Neela: I didn't hear you come in.

Simon: How is he?

Neela: Who?

Simon: Ray.

Neela: Simon.....

Simon opens the door and leaves.

So what do you guys think? Sorry I suck at the descriptions. I'm still pretty new to writing fanfics but I'm trying. Chapter 2 will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Caro

Caro

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 am

I love it, love how you've made it so that as soon as Neela knows it's from Ray it kind of puts her off anything that's Simon related!! Love the "What?" and "I'm not very hungry", she really doesn't care what plans Simon had, all that matters is that Ray sent her something. And love the shirt coming out of the box last!
Back to top Go down
dshortklutz

dshortklutz

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 am

If this how good you are at being new to fanfic, then I can't wait to see how good you are once you write more. I really liked this first chapter and I can really see this happening on the show.
Back to top Go down
babyblue

babyblue

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:34 am

Caro wrote:
I love it, love how you've made it so that as soon as Neela knows it's from Ray it kind of puts her off anything that's Simon related!! Love the "What?" and "I'm not very hungry", she really doesn't care what plans Simon had, all that matters is that Ray sent her something. And love the shirt coming out of the box last!

Aww thanks Caro, I don't think I'm really good though. But I'm trying. I think once Neela finds out that Ray is free, Simon won't be an issue anymore Very Happy and since it will be Valentine's Day I could definitely see a scene like that between her and Ray.

And the shirt, well we all want him to send her that it seems and for her to listen to her Valentine's CD, especially that one song!!! Yes I know I'm obsessed lol but I just think it's mean for them to have him say 'There's one about you, but you'll have to figure it out' and then that's it!!!

Thank you dshortklutz!!! Also, can't wait to read the next chapter of your fanfic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kay20

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 am

I enjoy reading everyone's work and "seeing" their imagination at work. Nice job bringing back KC and the Sunshine Band!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!   Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Neela's Realization-New Fanfic!!
Page 1 of 1