Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Gay Adoption

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pkd_roomies4ever

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Gay Adoption   Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:25 am

Ok. So I have a debate to do in lit on Tuesday and I kinda just started. I can't help but procrastinate. lol. Anyways, I was just wondering what everybody else thought of this topic. I am arguing in favor. Even if you do not agree with this, don't get offended by this thread. I was just wondering what other opinions are and anybody who's against please tell me why. During my debate I have to have a rebuttal with my oponent so I would like to know what kind of ?s to expect. Oh and these are the main few reasons I agree with it:

1.) The constitution guarantees = protection (translation: no groups of people can be treated different from others

2.) There is much research that shows that as a whole homosexuals raise children just as well as heterosexuals. Important aspects like self-esteem, anxiety, depression, behavioral problems, emotional difficulty, and cognitive functioning are not different in children raised by gays and others.

3.) There are thousands of children in the U.S. who need to be adopted and there aren't enough homes for them. So, if homosexuals don't pose as a threat, why not let them adopt?

Thanks guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gay Adoption   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm actually in favor of this. I think there are too many unwanted babies out there, who go without a home, food in their stomach and an education, because of women you cant learn to keep their legs shut, I think it's great if a lesbian couple or a gay couple wants to adopt and they should be allowed to, who cares if its two women or two men raising a kid, it'd be two loving parents who'd take a child who wasn't wanted and raise as their own. So many are so weirded out by this, I'm not, I think it's one of the many solutions to helping get children out of group homes and into a family that actually wants them and not because they have no choice but to take them in, it'd be because they'd WANT them....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
pkd_roomies4ever

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Gay Adoption   Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks americanamuchacha. This is exactly how I feel. I actually just did my debate today and I think I did a pretty good job. I made some of the points u did and more. I feel pretty passionately about this subject b/c i don't think some people consider how much it would help for somebody to take in one of these kids. I think I persuaded some of my audience too, or atleat i hope i did. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gay Adoption   Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 pm

pkd_roomies4ever wrote:
Thanks americanamuchacha. This is exactly how I feel. I actually just did my debate today and I think I did a pretty good job. I made some of the points u did and more. I feel pretty passionately about this subject b/c i don't think some people consider how much it would help for somebody to take in one of these kids. I think I persuaded some of my audience too, or atleat i hope i did. Smile

I'm also very passionate about this subject, kids go without homes everyday because the world has such a huge problem with "gay related" families, as someone who supports it, I think its wrong for them to judge a person on someone else's life style, it's not like they're a murderer or a child molester, they just love differently, thats how I see it and to me, I think they shouldnt be punished for their life choices, if they wish to adopt, I say all power to them, they should have the same rights as a man and woman do as a straight married couple.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay Adoption   

Back to top Go down

Gay Adoption
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1