Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Defining Reela moments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:44 am

In light of this Thursday's episode, I think it would be nice to take a trip down memory lane. So what episodes do you think affected the Reela relationship the most? It will help the time go by a little faster and help us to remember why we love this couple so much.


I'll start....

Obviously the episode where Ray shows up in One for the Road because that is where Neela and Ray first met.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:53 am

becoming roommates only brought these two closer, if it wasnt for that, perhaps reela wouldnt of happened, living together only got them to get to know each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
kjwalker



Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:54 am

Does anyone know why Ray appears so professional in his first appearance? And then he is suddenly "Ozzie's love child" a few episodes later. I wonder if the writers had that change planned, or just made it up as they went. Because I can't imagine Ray's character as anything other than he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:01 am

KJ, it's hard to tell because they only showed him in one short scene but I did see a deleted scene from that episode where Ray and I think it was Abby were talking to a patient and Ray puts a latex glove on his head lol.


Great defining moment American that probably one of the most important moments if not THE most important. How about when Neela got married? I realize it wasn't to Ray but it did affect her and Ray's relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sammy

avatar

Number of posts : 539
Age : 27
Localisation : Northern Ireland
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:19 am

babyblue wrote:
KJ, it's hard to tell because they only showed him in one short scene but I did see a deleted scene from that episode where Ray and I think it was Abby were talking to a patient and Ray puts a latex glove on his head lol.


Great defining moment American that probably one of the most important moments if not THE most important. How about when Neela got married? I realize it wasn't to Ray but it did affect her and Ray's relationship.


That scene was sooo funny....I was crying I was laughing so hard Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ie.youtube.com/user/DockRock07
anna



Number of posts : 108
Localisation : England
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:43 am

The way Neela totally saved Rays arse and risked her own during the zoe saga. A true friendship cemented!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kay20



Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:57 am

Two Ships - when Ray thought Neela may have gone missing. I think this episode may have clued him into some feelings.

12X17 - when Neela realizes how much of a part of her life Ray has become (not just as a romantic interest, but part of her LIFE)

13X7 - the infamous Gates/Neela kiss witnessed by Ray, and the reappearance of Katey Alvaro (originally introduced as Katey Evans by the way - weird)

I also wondered how Ray went from floppy haired, slacks and tie wearing to black fingernail polish, silver rings and tattoos. I figured I missed something since I started watching in episode 11X3. You mean they never explain that change???? Maybe he started his work wearing serious clothing and once he had a contract said, "screw it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Kay20 wrote:
Two Ships - when Ray thought Neela may have gone missing. I think this episode may have clued him into some feelings.

12X17 - when Neela realizes how much of a part of her life Ray has become (not just as a romantic interest, but part of her LIFE)

13X7 - the infamous Gates/Neela kiss witnessed by Ray, and the reappearance of Katey Alvaro (originally introduced as Katey Evans by the way - weird)

I also wondered how Ray went from floppy haired, slacks and tie wearing to black fingernail polish, silver rings and tattoos. I figured I missed something since I started watching in episode 11X3. You mean they never explain that change???? Maybe he started his work wearing serious clothing and once he had a contract said, "screw it?"

Ray seeing neela kissing gates broke my heart, that had to of really put his feelings for neela in the light.

yeah i noticed that change, perhaps the writers made a change, they had kerry say that his wardrobe wasnt doctor like and to wear scrubs....hm scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:51 am

Great mentions Kay!!! That scene with him and Neela in Lost in America when they look at each other says SO much!!! And when I saw the episode where Ray witnesses the kiss between Neela and Gates for the first time I felt so bad for him you can actually see his heart breaking it's so sad!! Also, about the change in Ray it may be perhaps that in the first episode the writor's were just introducing his character and still trying to decide where to go with it. They seem to do that with all of the characters in the show, the more they are on the show the more layers you get to see of their character and different aspects of their personality, kind of like an onion, you know?


More defining moments.......

The episode Strange Bedfellows where Neela decides it's best for her to move out and Ray finally admits to Neela that he has feelings for her for the first time.

Also in Tell Me No Secrets when Neela confronts Ray about his relationship with Katey, I think after this moment that things changed dramatically between the two of them because after that Ray realized that Neela felt the same way and he became more obvious about his feelings for her and his feelings of jealousy and hurt grew even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kay20



Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:33 am

Oooo - good call Babyblue.

I also just remembered the episode (don't remember the title) where the snowmobile accident kids were brought in and Neela and Ray got into an argument in the hallway witnessed by Pratt. The episode where Ray went to say "something" to Neela and got rudely interrupted by Gates.

I think that episode got him to admit that he wasn't over Neela, because after that Katey vanished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:38 am

Thank Kay!! Oh I love that scene with Neela and Ray, he's so sweet and he was THIS close to telling her he loved her darn Gates!!!! Mad


Ok more defining moments.......

There were 3 episodes in season 13 in a row that were very defining to this couple:
The episode Dying is Easy when Neela invites Ray to go get a cup of coffee. This really put a change in their relationship because before this, things were really difficult between them there was a lot of jealousy and hurt feelings and then after this happened, Ray began to more openly pursure Neela.

Then in Crisis of Conscience where Ray invites Neela to go get a beer, she says no at first then at the end goes to meet him at Ike's signaling to Ray and the rest of the audience that Neela does feel the same way that he feels about her. cheers

Then in From Here to Paternity, FINALLY after two years of flirting and of upspoken feelings......a kiss!!! YAY!!! bounce


Another one I was thinking of was the episode I Don't where Ray gives Neela her Valentine's CD. This is a very important moment in the Reela story because it seems like it's a regular thing in their relationship, every Valentine's Day Ray gives Neela a lovesong CD aww I love you


Anyway, sorry for rambling just wanted to take a little trip down memory lane and it was nice, and helps me remember why this couple is so great. But don't let me be the only one that does this, come on you guys there are still more defining Reela moments that still haven't been mentioned, IMPORTANT moments too!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kay20



Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:38 am

P.S. I crack up every time I see the kiss scene because I remember your comment about Mr. Snowflake!!! It's true, it's right smack dab in the middle of the scene!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:29 am

Kay20 wrote:
P.S. I crack up every time I see the kiss scene because I remember your comment about Mr. Snowflake!!! It's true, it's right smack dab in the middle of the scene!

lol!! I know Kay it BUGS lol I love the first kiss (or every kiss these two share for that matter hehe Wink ) and it's sweet that they're kissing when it's snowing and all but why OH why does there have to be a flake right where their lips meet? grr lol I stare at it every time I hate it lol!!! And what's weird is it isn't there at the beginning of the kiss it comes later grr nasty snowflake doesn't want us to be able to see that's very rude and mean grr lol!! Let's just hope the next kiss is in sunny weather with GOOD lighting, at least let us see ONE kiss I mean is that too much to ask? We can't see a Reela kiss very good but we can see her and Brenner and her and Gates slobbering all over each other VERY clearly it's so unfair!! I don't need to see that yuck I need to see a Reela kiss thank you very much lol!! Sorry just venting, it's so frustrating sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kjwalker



Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 pm

One of my favorite scenes regarding the Reela relationship occurs in season 13, not sure which episode (occurs like 1-2 prior to "I Don't"). Ray is treating a young boy who accidentally poisons his friend so that he can get the lead violin solo in the school orchestra. Ray is talking to him near the end of the episode and says something like - People get what they deserve. If you put your mind to it, you can get whatever you want, be it a school orchestra solo or a girl.

I loved that scene for two reasons. One because Ray is so honest and earnest about his feelings for Neela. And two because it still gives me hope that Ray and Neela will end up together. Ray didn't deserve the accident, but he does deserve to be happy with Neela. I think that the writers have not forgotten that scene and want to give both characters what they deserve - a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:04 am

Great moment KJ!!! I love that scene and I think you're right getting hit by a mac truck was definitely NOT what Ray deserved I'm sure the writor's probably planned what they were doing for quite some time and were signaling to the audience that these two would eventually get what they deserved just not yet.


Another defining moment, The Honeymoon is Over when Neela visits Ray at the hospital Crying or Very sad and he lays everything out on the line and tells her he's in love with her for the very first time. He says something like 'I waited for you, I trusted you, I fought for you, I fall for you, and I even fell in love with you' Sad . It's sweet but also very sad.


When do you think Ray and Neela realized they were in love? Oh and also, since 'Equilibrium' is tomorrow what would be better to put us in the mood for the episode than to talk about our favorite moments from Haunted?!! So fire away people! Favorite scenes or quotes from the episode? I'm going to go with all the Reela moments except for when Brenner shows up Mad . I like the Frankenstein mask part aww and then the 'What are you smiling at?' scene aww and then the dancing in her apartment scene so almost all the scenes then lol!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 am

babyblue wrote:
Great moment KJ!!! I love that scene and I think you're right getting hit by a mac truck was definitely NOT what Ray deserved I'm sure the writor's probably planned what they were doing for quite some time and were signaling to the audience that these two would eventually get what they deserved just not yet.


Another defining moment, The Honeymoon is Over when Neela visits Ray at the hospital Crying or Very sad and he lays everything out on the line and tells her he's in love with her for the very first time. He says something like 'I waited for you, I trusted you, I fought for you, I fall for you, and I even fell in love with you' Sad . It's sweet but also very sad.


When do you think Ray and Neela realized they were in love? Oh and also, since 'Equilibrium' is tomorrow what would be better to put us in the mood for the episode than to talk about our favorite moments from Haunted?!! So fire away people! Favorite scenes or quotes from the episode? I'm going to go with all the Reela moments except for when Brenner shows up Mad . I like the Frankenstein mask part aww and then the 'What are you smiling at?' scene aww and then the dancing in her apartment scene so almost all the scenes then lol!!!

I agree, lets talk about it! That honeymoon is over reela scenes broke my heart, when ray said he fell in love with her, that made me cry.. Sad i hated how neela said nothing.....she claims to have been so worried about him? shit, i would of hugged him hard!

i love the first scene of haunted with reela, that made me cry too, i was so happy about that one, the hug, their faces, it was perfect..i went for too long thinking they'd never get to fix things between them, them hanging out, truth be told, ALL of the reela scenes were the best, the morris and ray clip cracked me up...

the kiss in haunted, the dancing, aww...it just made me so proud of neela for once she was the agressor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
cockylady



Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 pm

It must be the tensionn in the air but every post that i read makes me all giddy bounce and jocolor a bit crazy, he he!! Can't wait for tonight!
I really like all your favorite moments, most of them made me quite sad or happy...
The "honeymoon is over" -epi traumatized me so much that i can barely watch it anymore or think about it, it's just soooo darn sad and quite enraging... Just seeing Ray so... so messed up was hearbreaking to see...Sad
Just to think on the better times. One of my favorite scenes in haunted (on top of what you guys mentioned!) is the ending after brenner's (Evil or Very Mad ) screws up their evening... It was just the way Ray said good-bye... Man was it hot! Surprised Surprised I think it said soooo much... It's like he said he was going to wait for her until she realised/acknowledged her true feelings for him... Didn't he say "i'll see you soon?" That says alot!
I CANT WAIT to see ray again tonight!!! (sorry, can't contain all the excitement) cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 am

I know what you mean cocky when I watched Honeymoon is Over it made me so depressed seeing Ray like that and so upset with Neela, I can't bear to watch it again. I didn't think he would ever be able to forgive her, I guess that just shows you how much he loves her Sad that's so sweet. And yes after he kissed her he told her 'See you soon' aww. It's almost here!!! bounce bounce And then the scene at the window when Ray waves and Neela puts her hand on the window, she loves him so much. It will be soooo nice to see Neela be the agressor tonight, I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:00 am

babyblue wrote:
I know what you mean cocky when I watched Honeymoon is Over it made me so depressed seeing Ray like that and so upset with Neela, I can't bear to watch it again. I didn't think he would ever be able to forgive her, I guess that just shows you how much he loves her Sad that's so sweet. And yes after he kissed her he told her 'See you soon' aww. It's almost here!!! bounce bounce And then the scene at the window when Ray waves and Neela puts her hand on the window, she loves him so much. It will be soooo nice to see Neela be the agressor tonight, I can't wait!!

Im getting so scared for tonight No
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
pkd_roomies4ever



Number of posts : 304
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:50 am

When Neela finally has the guts to go with her feelings and goes to BR to be with Ray.

The scene from Shifiting Equilibrium when they are standing there looking at each other made me wanna squeal. It was so sweet and the music in the background was a great added effect! Loved the ending of this episode, just hope it was a cliffhanger and more Shane to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:24 am

pkd_roomies4ever wrote:
When Neela finally has the guts to go with her feelings and goes to BR to be with Ray.

The scene from Shifiting Equilibrium when they are standing there looking at each other made me wanna squeal. It was so sweet and the music in the background was a great added effect! Loved the ending of this episode, just hope it was a cliffhanger and more Shane to come!

Yeah, its the same parting music that mark greene left in and abby as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
babyblue

avatar

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 am

Episode 15X21 "I Feel Good', we learn that Ray and Neela are finally roomies again!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:29 am

babyblue wrote:
Episode 15X21 "I Feel Good', we learn that Ray and Neela are finally roomies again!!! bounce

That they are and I'm happy for that.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
pkd_roomies4ever



Number of posts : 304
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:51 am

americanamuchacha020 wrote:
pkd_roomies4ever wrote:
When Neela finally has the guts to go with her feelings and goes to BR to be with Ray.

The scene from Shifiting Equilibrium when they are standing there looking at each other made me wanna squeal. It was so sweet and the music in the background was a great added effect! Loved the ending of this episode, just hope it was a cliffhanger and more Shane to come!

Yeah, its the same parting music that mark greene left in and abby as well.

Oh really? I never realized that. I love that music and it fit so well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
americanamuchacha020

avatar

Number of posts : 1171
Age : 31
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 am

pkd_roomies4ever wrote:
americanamuchacha020 wrote:
pkd_roomies4ever wrote:
When Neela finally has the guts to go with her feelings and goes to BR to be with Ray.

The scene from Shifiting Equilibrium when they are standing there looking at each other made me wanna squeal. It was so sweet and the music in the background was a great added effect! Loved the ending of this episode, just hope it was a cliffhanger and more Shane to come!

Yeah, its the same parting music that mark greene left in and abby as well.

Oh really? I never realized that. I love that music and it fit so well!

Yeah, I watched it aplenty to notice that, pratt's parting music is the music is from Luby's wedding.

its sad tho....the parting music of mark greene leaving the er and abby's departure is the perfect music for reela's reunion part 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   

Back to top Go down
 
Defining Reela moments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» TV's Funniest Moments
» Saddest Moments in Sailor Moon *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
» Sailor Moon moments that literally made you LOL
» Naruhina - moments in The Last trailer
» 2012: George Clooney's year in review, the WORST moments

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Reela! :: Discuss Reela-
Jump to: