Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Left County & Who Remains There.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Who Left County & Who Remains There. Empty
PostSubject: Who Left County & Who Remains There.   Who Left County & Who Remains There. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 am

SOO MANY left over the years and never returned, some did make appearances, Carter, he left in S. 11 and came back shortly in S. 12 for those africa shots and then never to be seen again until S. 15. I guess that's why he never put his name on the wall, He's still in county, I think he always will be..

I'm only naming the ones I know off the top of my head.

Doug left county because he had no life there anymore and later on Carol joined him. We all knew that'd happen.

Lucy-She left ER(& not in a good way) and took alot of the fans hearts with them.

Malucci-I wasnt so fond of him but I do remember him...

Mark Greene - Now this guy, really touched my heart and I didnt expect him to, he grew to be a really popular character and his romance/marriage to Elizabeth Corday really hooked alot of fans. Him dying broke my heart but in a way, he did return to County(HEAL THYSELF), just not in the way some would think..Even after his death, his presence remained apart of ER and always would.

Romano -A nutty guy but you gotta love him for it, his death was CRAZY and also he returned to County in a way as well...IE Heal thyself.

Elizabeth Corday-I absolutely loved this character, she was one of my all-time favorites and will always be. She Left ER b/c she truly had no life there anymore, Mark gone and alot of others, It hurt to see her go in S. 11 but was happy to see her return again twice(One in Neela's dream I THINK and In the season finale with Rachel)

Chen- She wasnt a HUGE favorite of mine but after her father died, she was NEVER seen again, I still would of liked to know what happened to her. She left in S. 11 I believe.

Susan Lewis-A great character, left ER b/c of not getting the job she wanted, but returned in Series finale S. 15.

Greg Pratt- GREAT character, he stuck it out for a long time, I would of loved to see his character not be killed off but he left ER Leaving amazing memories for his fans..S-8-S-15

Gallant- Also a nice character but to me, the very few guest appearances that he did after he left in S. 10 werent enough. He got with Neela too quickly and married her too soon.

Neela- One of my favorites, I love her, she's got so many sides to her tho, she started off as a naive nerdy student into a respected surgeon, her marriage to Michael I didnt approve of too much b/c one, it was too rushed, Her contiuning blossoming romance with her beloved roommate ray, now that was my absolute favorite...<3 However, her fear/guilt of going after ray got to me over the years and almost made lose faith with her, her nasty flings with Tony and Simon really disappointed me, however in S. 15, she really proved something to me, she grew up, she became a person that was nothing like the old neela i saw in S.11-13, I didnt expect her to leave to County but Im happy she did, she made the right choice and left to be with Ray. <3

Ray Barnett- A rocker doctor, he's got such a heart, the more I saw of that, the more I loved him. Him falling for Neela and seeing him go through such hell broke my heart, I really thought he'd never get her, b/c one she's a really naive gal regarding love. Him Leaving the way he did in S. 13 also killed me and he SHOULD of came back in S. 14 for some guest spots, they should of evolved ray's character more but ultimately, when he left county, it was for good and he only returned to snag the heart of the woman he loves and just his visit back in county at halloween was enough b/c after that, i KNOW he took her heart with him. Overall, Ray was never going to be a guy who stayed at county forever..

Abby-AWSEOME character, I've always loved her, especially with Luka, her love story with luka snagged fans hearts and the baby joe thing got it even more, I knew eventually she'd leave, b/c after luka left, she truly had no life there anymore and when she left in S. 15, it was for good...but it was great to see her in 15.20 in a phone call..

LUKA-troubled soul but i loved him, his romance to abby was great and to me, it was the only person he fit well with, him leaving in S. 13 sucked as well but not for long since we had some guest spots in S. 14 and S. 15..

Weaver-A crazy lady but I truly respected her, her marriage to sandy was great and also hurt when sandy died, i truly thought weaver would be the type to stick around in county but i was wrong, sad to see her leave in S. 13 but to return in S. 15 twice was a treat.

Morris-HILARIOUS character, he never left tho, he still remains at county, I NEVER once thought he would be...Smile

Gates-His butting in on the roomie storyline pissed me off and i grew to really hate him but in S. 14, i got a chance to grow a new opinion of him again and start over so I didnt hate him anymore after that...but weird, hes still at county...

Brenner-I didnt like this guy from the start, another complication for the roomie storyline and funny that hes STILL IN COUNTY...

SAM- she never left either, a spontanous gal at that....

Banfield-Another version of weaver,i think she'll stick around county for a long time since the original weaver retired from county lol.

I may be missing some but eh. Its weird. the ones I thought wouldnt stick around county for long, ended up staying until there....Morris,Carter,Sam, etc..

I look back and its so weird, I never thought Neela would leave county.....but she did... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Who Left County & Who Remains There.   Who Left County & Who Remains There. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 am

Nicely composed. Especially the extra length that the Roomies got. (I never feel they get enough love even in the mentions they get in the press articles.)

I was watching an old school rerun of ER with Doug and Mark, back when Carter wore suspenders. It finally occurred to me how kind of cool and time warp continuum-y those moments between Neela, Sam, Carol and Doug were. It made me appreciate it more despite how not really eventful they were.

I've caught some "Nellant" clips on youtube (mostly because I ran out of the reela ones), and they did make a really sweet couple. But, as you said, it was weird to create an "epic" love between the two of them through mostly cameos. What I never, never, never got is when Neela was able to impulsively marry Gallant, why the hell did indecisiveness become a character trait afterward? Was it the trauma from Gallant's death? Did Gates' insane amount of baggage make it worse? I guess men need to disappear from Neela's life for a year or so at which point Neela is totally ready to spend the rest of her life with them. tongue

I think I disliked Brenner more than Gates because I was really tired of the love triangle thing by then. And I never thought the whole Gates thing would lead to Ray losing his legs. I do wonder if I would've liked these guys more had it not been for their intruding on reela. Gates always reminded me of a poor man's Doug Ross, though Stamos is no Clooney. I liked Nice Brenner by the end, but it might've been interesting for him to remain villainous. When was the last time ER had had a good, genuinely unpleasant antagonist on the show?

Lucy was too freakin' adorable to be killed like that. And I always liked her with Carter.
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Who Left County & Who Remains There.   Who Left County & Who Remains There. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 am

jontinf wrote:
Nicely composed. Especially the extra length that the Roomies got. (I never feel they get enough love even in the mentions they get in the press articles.)

I was watching an old school rerun of ER with Doug and Mark, back when Carter wore suspenders. It finally occurred to me how kind of cool and time warp continuum-y those moments between Neela, Sam, Carol and Doug were. It made me appreciate it more despite how not really eventful they were.

I've caught some "Nellant" clips on youtube (mostly because I ran out of the reela ones), and they did make a really sweet couple. But, as you said, it was weird to create an "epic" love between the two of them through mostly cameos. What I never, never, never got is when Neela was able to impulsively marry Gallant, why the hell did indecisiveness become a character trait afterward? Was it the trauma from Gallant's death? Did Gates' insane amount of baggage make it worse? I guess men need to disappear from Neela's life for a year or so at which point Neela is totally ready to spend the rest of her life with them. tongue

I think I disliked Brenner more than Gates because I was really tired of the love triangle thing by then. And I never thought the whole Gates thing would lead to Ray losing his legs. I do wonder if I would've liked these guys more had it not been for their intruding on reela. Gates always reminded me of a poor man's Doug Ross, though Stamos is no Clooney. I liked Nice Brenner by the end, but it might've been interesting for him to remain villainous. When was the last time ER had had a good, genuinely unpleasant antagonist on the show?

Lucy was too freakin' adorable to be killed like that. And I always liked her with Carter.

when it comes to love, i think neela has always been indecsive, michael was her safe choice, i think she did love him but theres actually a deleted scene of her asking michael what he likes on his pizza, it really shown how little those two knew each other. she lost her husband, she even said in the luby wedding episode that she couldnt separate ray from michael, meaning she loved them both...one, she felt guilty on moving on from michael and two, she felt even more guilty for falling for ray when she was still married. Neela is complicated lol but after ray's accident,eh, her feelings for ray were never hidden again, neela was nothing but blue in S. 14, she really is empty without ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Mrs.Carter6470

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Who Left County & Who Remains There.   Who Left County & Who Remains There. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 am

I also agree that this was very nicely written. Mark Greene's death broke my heart as well and I cried for soooooo long over that! I agree with what you said about Romano. He was a jerk but you just had to love him. When he died, I was in shock. I loved Elizabeth as a character and always did. I was so sad when she left, even though I understood. Susan Lewis, I liked her during her times in seasons 1 to 3, but when she came back in the beginning of season 8, I still like her, but there was just something different. I loved the episode where she goes to New York and meets Bosco and Faith from Third Watch. I was laughing so hard. I really liked Ray, too. I always thought he was cool. My favorite episode with him was the last episode of season 11 "The Show Must Go On." The one where Carter leaves... Sad Weaver was nuts, but you had to love her after she started to soften up. Her first appearance in Season 2 made her look just like a horrible person with no feelings. But you saw her change a lot, especially when John and Lucy got stabbed in season 6. She was so destraught over Lucy. I personally like her and Carter together. They fought like a married couple and I think they would've gotten closer if she hadn't of died. Lucy was always one of my favs. Gates I really never liked. He bothered me because I always viewed him as a cheap rip off of Doug Ross, but that might just be me. Last but sooooo not least, there's John Carter, my all time favorite. I loved him even after watching my first episode of ER, which happened to be when Carol gave birth to the twins, even if he had a small part there. I was intrigued by him and the more I watched, the more I loved him. I was so depressed about what Kem did to him. That was so messed up. But it's done and over now. Anyway, I agreed with most of what you wrote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Left County & Who Remains There.   Who Left County & Who Remains There. Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Left County & Who Remains There.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Reela! :: Discuss ER-
Jump to: