Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1

Go down 
+6
Kay20
jontinf
anna
KG
Admin
Sandalwood
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Here's Part 1 of the clips. This covers Ray's intro up to the "Miami?" scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSY9caFEVKQ

Part 2 to follow shortly, with all their post-Roomie moments. Smile

Last edited by Sandalwood on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you SOOO much for posting hon! I know this takes a lot of work, so I want to let you know that I appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://savereela.all-up.com
KG

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Great work Sandalwood. I love the video. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
anna

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Lovely to have all the Roomie scenes to watch in one go and cant wait for part two. Thanks a bunch for posting Sandalwood.

Something id never noticed before seeing those clips though -It almost sounds like Rays hitting on Weaver in that first scene where she says shes been up all night and Rays response 'well you coulda fooled me' - Whats that all about? Im sure its just trying to introduce Ray as a cheeky charmer that knows how to butter up the ladies but it just sounds so wrong. I was like ohhh Ray please!
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks, Sandal! It does take quite a bit of work and time to do, so I truly appreciate it. Very Happy

And it's so much fun to watch these scenes. Some I haven't seen in a very long time.

And Ray was kind of a jerk back then, which makes his transformation all the more endearing.

That fight before his gig-- what is that-- like one of two times Ray and Neela have ever raised their voices to each other? The only other time I can remember is during S13 when Ray accused Neela's relationship with Gates of affecting her judgement.

anna wrote:
It almost sounds like Rays hitting on Weaver in that first scene where she says shes been up all night and Rays response 'well you coulda fooled me' - Whats that all about? Im sure its just trying to introduce Ray as a cheeky charmer that knows how to butter up the ladies but it just sounds so wrong. I was like ohhh Ray please!

LOL! I think there were some deleted scenes of Ray from the same episode where it seemed as though he were coming onto Sam as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 4:20 am

I remember Shane saying in one interview that when he arrived on the show, there was no prescribed "love interest" for him. As a result, I think they definitely tried Ray out with various ladies on the show. haha, notice that Ray/Abby had a lot of moments. There are also Sam moments too. However, they of course ended up settling on Neela. Thus, the Ray/Neela romance blossomed Smile
Back to top Go down
https://savereela.all-up.com
jontinf

jontinf

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 am

I picked up the Abby/Ray vibe as well. (What would that be? Rabby? lol) He asked her to dinner-- which is received with a "No, thanks" in a classic Abby way.

But, watching that whole sequence, no matter how many times I watch it, I cannot help cracking up everytime Neela says in this complete indignant nonchalance: "Hello and welcome to Jumbo Mart, can I help you?" And then Ray's reaction to when she mentions the cupcake deal. Razz Aw, Neela made him happy even back then.

I wonder at what point they realized that Ray and Neela had chemistry as characters, because it seems as though they were put into scenes together quite quickly after. Even if the interactions were pretty platonic.
Back to top Go down
Kay20

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:01 am

I think Ray had a crush on Abby much in the same way that Neela had a crush on Luka - they both quickly vanished over time as they got to know one another and become friends.

At some point Neela became the linchpin in the "three amigos" of Abby/Ray/Neela - she was the common friend in the trio.

But as to when they decided Ray/Neela had chemistry, it must have been before they had them move in together as I think that was after they realized it would be fun. So I'd say in some of the early scenes when they had Ray teasing Neela (Intern's Guide to the Galaxy) - their play off one another was rather apparent.
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 am

Quote :
I think Ray had a crush on Abby much in the same way that Neela had a crush on Luka - they both quickly vanished over time as they got to know one another and become friends.

Oh yeah. I always forget that Neela had that crush on Luka. It is weird to think about in retrospect since Abby and Luka are married now.

Quote :
But as to when they decided Ray/Neela had chemistry, it must have been before they had them move in together as I think that was after they realized it would be fun. So I'd say in some of the early scenes when they had Ray teasing Neela (Intern's Guide to the Galaxy) - their play off one another was rather apparent.

That does sound about right. They were smart to see it. I'm sure as they were planning S12, they probably had some transpiring of a romantic relationship in mind. Although, they were also planning to bring in Stamos as a regular in S12 as well, so who knows what they were thinking. I don't think they really knew initially what to do with both Ray and Neela as far as love interests were concerned, but I think after S12, the writers probably knew that the series would end with them as a canon couple.
Back to top Go down
babyblue

babyblue

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Kay20 wrote:

I also sensed some flirting going on from Ray's end with both Abby and Sam in that deleted scene. But Idk if he so much had a crush on them or if it was just some casual flirting because he also flirted with Weaver a little bit and I really hope he didn't have a crush on her lol!! You guys all know that Ray was a charmer of women, a real ladies man. He likes to sweet talk them and butter them up and give them stuff ie, giving them doughnuts and chocolate so that they'll do him favors. "Feed the nurses" if you remember.

So if you ask me I think Ray was trying to get on their good side so that they'll like him and do things for him lol. Because he did it with both Weaver and Neela so that he could get time off work for his band and then so he could visit his "mom" for Christmas lol. Of course I could be wrong but that's just my theory. But of course we all know that Neela is the one that he really loves.
Back to top Go down
kjwalker

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 pm

I think I remember SW saying something about the fact that when he started doing ER, he didn't know anything about the characters and their pasts...including romantic interests. He liked it that way because then he could learn about the characters just like Ray would have learned about them having to be the new guy. I'm sure that he was just playing the field to see where everybody stood...and of course being a charmer to the ladies explains alot of his actions. Smile
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 pm

I don't know if it's just because I'm so in favor of reela, but is it weird that I just can't see Ray with any of the other women on the show? Ray and Neela just seem so bound to each other.
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 pm

jontinf wrote:
I don't know if it's just because I'm so in favor of reela, but is it weird that I just can't see Ray with any of the other women on the show? Ray and Neela just seem so bound to each other.

You're not the only one, I cant see anyone with either of them except for both together, I tried, its not happening
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Edith78

Edith78

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 am

I loved loved the video! I love you Thank you soooo much for posting! I love you
Back to top Go down
kjwalker

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 am

The video was a great way to remember all the Reela memories. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1   Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray and Neela clips in Season 11 -- Part 1
Page 1 of 1