Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

youtube suspended my account!

Go down 
+2
jontinf
Sandalwood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-04-10

youtube suspended my account! Empty
PostSubject: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:59 pm

warner bros made a copyright claim on one of my roomie vids and they suspended my whole account!!

all those roomie videos! so sad. and the ironic thing is that the show is not even on anymore! it's just fan appreciation, corporate WB people!

just be forewarned, those of you who put up videos.

Last edited by Sandalwood on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:52 am

aw, no. all that roomie goodness! Sad can i ask which video they made the copyright claim on? it's just to sell the DVDs when they come out. WB's been on the war path against a lot of ER vids.
Back to top Go down
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:13 am

Jontinf - it was for Season 11 part 1, which I made for other roomie fans.

Yeah, I was saying yesterday that WB probably wants to sell DVDs. ugh.

I'm bummed. It was all about keeping people interested in the show and the couple. Neela/Ray stuff are just a fraction of screen time, compared to the rest of each season.
Back to top Go down
anna

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 am

Aw thats a real shame Sandalwood, both for you and all the hard work you put into making them, as well as everybody that really enjoyed watching your vids. Seems rather mean!

I can see why videos are taken down when its whole episodes loaded in parts but fanvids are a completely different ballgame. As you say they help keep people interested in the show and reela, and from the comments Ive seen have even managed to gain them some new fans. Shame WB cant see them as free advertising.
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 am

i'm bummed as well. your vids not only helped newcomers catch up (while letting the rest of us enjoy them), but they helped others (including me) draw inspiration for fics. youtube certainly overreacted by suspending an entire account for one video, and even so, like anna said, it's not like you were putting up entire episodes.

well. thank you for putting up all the clips while you could. it was really thoughtful of you and greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Caro

Caro

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Aw so sorry to hear that Sandal, it's such a shame.
Thank you for posting all your videos when you did they were greatly appreciated as well as all the work you put into it .
Back to top Go down
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 am

anna, jontinf, caro, kg -- thanks for your comments; you guys are so lovely. Smile roomie fans are the best b/c we support each other.

anyway, it was good while it lasted, huh?! Smile at least we have lots of other great roomie vids out there to enjoy, and of course all the new fanfics that are coming out.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Aww, thats such a shame Sandalwood.....damn youtube and their copyright claims!

They've been bugging me too the last week....blocked audio on my first ever Supnernatural video....but luckily I disputed it and got the sound back.

I just don't understand why they do that....it's like free advertising for them!
Back to top Go down
http://ie.youtube.com/user/DockRock07
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:16 am

That is awful! Perhaps we could host the scenes on here. Smile Maybe through sendspace or something like that Smile
Back to top Go down
https://savereela.all-up.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: youtube suspended my account!   youtube suspended my account! Empty

Back to top Go down

youtube suspended my account!
Page 1 of 1