Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So sick of all this Clooney talk!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sem1973

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-11-14

So sick of all this Clooney talk! Empty
PostSubject: So sick of all this Clooney talk!   So sick of all this Clooney talk! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:33 am

Now don't get me wrong; I really liked the character of Doug Ross when he was on "ER" and George Clooney did an exceptional job portraying him. I was even a fan of Carol and Doug as a couple but all this "will he?/won't he come back for ER's final season" mumbo jumbo is really starting to get on my nerves. I read at TVGuide.com that the producers have already written possible storylines for Carol Hathaway and Dr. Peter Benton and they would like all the original characters to make a return for the final season.

Personally I can understand TPTB and the fans wanting to see some old familiar faces one last time but I am affraid that will be the main focus of the season and the current storylines will play a backseat. I don't want this season to be like a big reunion where old characters (other than Ray of course Very Happy ) get the majority of the screen time. That's what "end of a series" specials are for. I can understand having old characters mentioned and some showing up for an episode but I've got the feeling that TPTB want them to play a bigger role which concerns me. I don't feel this way just because I want more screen time for Reela either.

As for Clooney; what would be the purpose of his character (or that of Julianna's for that matter) making an appearance after all this time? If he doesn't want to come back but rather focus on making movies; then let him be for pete's sake! I would not think more or less of him regardless. I mean there has been no information on how Dr. Carter is going to be written into the final season other than he is going to be present for four episodes.

We have had episode spoilers for the first 10 episodes already and he had not been mentioned. My guess is he will be present in the last four as I am sure TPTB want him to be in the final episode just like he was the center of the pilot episode back in September 1994.

I apologize for the rant but as an "ER" fan who has moved on past the original cast members and who has grown to like characters that have come on the show since the original five; let's focus on the current storylines that need to be wrapped up or at least given a proper send-off into fan fic future.

GO REELA! cheers cheers cheers

Peace, flower
Sem1973
Back to top Go down

So sick of all this Clooney talk!
Page 1 of 1