Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defining Reela moments

Go down 
+9
jontinf
pkd_roomies4ever
cockylady
Kay20
anna
Sammy
kjwalker
americanamuchacha020
babyblue
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
anna

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Defining Reela moments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:37 am

When Gallants parents visit in Strange Bedfellows and Neela vocalises that shes made her home now in Chicago and would be reluctant ever to leave, even for Michael. Mr Gallant insists that as an army wife she had better not get used to living in one place and Neela seems very unhappy with this. .... but a little way down the line Neela realises home isn't so much Chicago, and is more where the heart is, finally making the move for the love of her life!
Back to top Go down
kjwalker

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:52 am

What Neela probably ment was that Ray was her home and she would be reluctant to ever leave him...she just didn't separate Chicago and Ray at that time.
Back to top Go down
anna

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 am

kjwalker
Quote :
What Neela probably meant was that Ray was her home and she would be reluctant to ever leave him...she just didn't separate Chicago and Ray at that time.

True enough, I never thought of it that way Kj, I was just delighted Ray is everything to Neela like noboby ever before.
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:49 am

anna wrote:
.... but a little way down the line Neela realises home isn't so much Chicago, and is more where the heart is, finally making the move for the love of her life!

I don't think I've fully absorbed how utterly, wonderfully romantic Neela's moving to Baton Rouge for Ray is. It's just such a grand gesture of love and commitment. Nobody really saw it coming (we all hoped, but thought it was wishful thinking).

And yet, how could one not? Leaving the show for love is tradition in ER. Carol left for Doug. Carter left for Kem. Abby and Luka left for each other. But, that does not make the Roomie reunion any less special. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

jontinf wrote:
anna wrote:
.... but a little way down the line Neela realises home isn't so much Chicago, and is more where the heart is, finally making the move for the love of her life!

I don't think I've fully absorbed how utterly, wonderfully romantic Neela's moving to Baton Rouge for Ray is. It's just such a grand gesture of love and commitment. Nobody really saw it coming (we all hoped, but thought it was wishful thinking).

I just LOVE how you phrase that...it was utter commitment to uproot her life and basically take a chance on someone that she's wasn't 100% sure would return her feelings the way he had before.
Back to top Go down
https://savereela.all-up.com
g-unit

g-unit

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:
jontinf wrote:
anna wrote:

I just LOVE how you phrase that...it was utter commitment to uproot her life and basically take a chance on someone that she's wasn't 100% sure would return her feelings the way he had before.

These statements are so true!!! Her move to BR said tons without her having to say anything, if you catch my drift. Unfortunately, I think this was lost on many Roomie fans. So many Roomies expected "Haunted Part 2", that the magic of Neela taking the chance of her life to show Ray she loved him was taken for granted. Yes it would have been nice to see more or to see them talk about how they love each other. But, what "Shifting Equilibrium" symbolized said so much in terms of what we wanted to see from Neela.
Back to top Go down
KG

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:26 pm

I totally agree with all the above. Neela moving to BR was a great big deal considering she was so hesitant to move around for Gallant in s11.18 with his dad mentioning all of that. It does makeypu appreciate what she did.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm

KG wrote:
I totally agree with all the above. Neela moving to BR was a great big deal considering she was so hesitant to move around for Gallant in s11.18 with his dad mentioning all of that. It does makeypu appreciate what she did.

KG, BRILLIANT point. I completely forgot about that. She was reluctant to really move, wasn't she, at that time? She seemed happy to remain at County and obviously with Ray Smile
Back to top Go down
https://savereela.all-up.com
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Agree with you all. The other reason I appreciated her going to BR was because of what it said about Ray -- ie, that HE was worth it. He had pined and followed after her for so long, and it would have been "convenient" for Neela to get into a relationship with him if he had come back to Chicago. But the fact that he stayed in BR showed that he had some self-respect, and it showed that Neela considered him important enough to leave everything she knew. Ray needed to be pursued, for once.
Back to top Go down
babyblue

babyblue

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 am

Sandalwood wrote:
Agree with you all. The other reason I appreciated her going to BR was because of what it said about Ray -- ie, that HE was worth it. He had pined and followed after her for so long, and it would have been "convenient" for Neela to get into a relationship with him if he had come back to Chicago. But the fact that he stayed in BR showed that he had some self-respect, and it showed that Neela considered him important enough to leave everything she knew. Ray needed to be pursued, for once.

Aww that was so sweet Sandal!! And I didn't forget what Neela did, I LOVE what she did. I always wanted her to go after Ray for once. I wanted her to move there to be with him the whole time, it's what I wanted in the first place. It's not that I don't love and appreciate what she did, I just wanted more is all. I wanted a kiss and an 'I love you' I know her moving there said that already but I just wanted to HEAR it once because nothing beats that. We never ever got to hear them say those words to each and that's the reason I was upset, I waited a long time to hear them say that to each other and I was sad when they didn't is all.

You all are so right, it was always Ray, Ray, Ray doing the chasing. Her going there showed how much she loved him. The fact that she was willing to give up her home and her job for the man she loved was just so terribly romantic. Like was already said she didn't want to do that for Gallant, back then she wanted to stay in Chicago and didn't want to leave County. She truly loves Ray. I really like that he stayed where he was and let her make the move for once. I think that's what Ray wanted too and that's why he stayed put, he wanted to make sure she was ready. He could have come back to Chicago if he wanted, nothing was keeping him in Baton Rouge but I don't think he just wanted Neela to move to Louisana, he NEEDED her to!
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 am

babyblue wrote:
Sandalwood wrote:

Aww that was so sweet Sandal!! And I didn't forget what Neela did, I LOVE what she did. I always wanted her to go after Ray for once. I wanted her to move there to be with him the whole time, it's what I wanted in the first place. It's not that I don't love and appreciate what she did, I just wanted more is all. I wanted a kiss and an 'I love you' I know her moving there said that already but I just wanted to HEAR it once because nothing beats that. We never ever got to hear them say those words to each and that's the reason I was upset, I waited a long time to hear them say that to each other and I was sad when they didn't is all.

You all are so right, it was always Ray, Ray, Ray doing the chasing. Her going there showed how much she loved him. The fact that she was willing to give up her home and her job for the man she loved was just so terribly romantic. Like was already said she didn't want to do that for Gallant, back then she wanted to stay in Chicago and didn't want to leave County. She truly loves Ray. I really like that he stayed where he was and let her make the move for once. I think that's what Ray wanted too and that's why he stayed put, he wanted to make sure she was ready. He could have come back to Chicago if he wanted, nothing was keeping him in Baton Rouge but I don't think he just wanted Neela to move to Louisana, he NEEDED her to!

I agree with you, It was a very romantic move on Neela's part on moving, It was what I REALLY wanted all along, but still, one last kiss and an i love you would of been even more better...

Im still in shock over it, like wow. Neela actually went there for Ray..Too sweet. Ray deserved that and Im happy for once he got what hes been wanting for a long time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 am

This may be overkill (or not really), but a problem with Shifting Equilibrium that I had was how we weren't supposed to know that she was moving to Baton Rouge and for Ray until the last minute of the episode. I get how that was the big, grand, twist of an ending... but it would've been nice to hear it... mentioned in a more explicit way.

I'm going to resort to making another Doug/Carol comparison. Carol made that lovely, schmaltzy speech to Luka about Doug being her soulmate, yada, yada, yada before she leaves. The exchange has rather similar spirit to the bar conversation that Neela has with Brenner. Except, of course, it's too abstract. It doesn't quiet have the poignancy that it had the potential to have. I feel the significance of what she's saying, the allusions that are made to the decisions she's made in her relationship with Ray, the moment is kind of lost to most of the viewers except for roomie fans who are paying attention. Same thing with the Abby conversation (although it was more gratifying). Even with the whole hospital staff knowing but not mentioning it. That may be the reason why the party scene was cut short after a bit.

There was just weird maneuvering to work around the "suprise ending." Maybe I just wanted to savor the decision more by seeing others react to it, get used to the idea, etc. And maybe I just want Neela to make a really sappy speech about Ray. lol
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:05 pm

jontinf wrote:
This may be overkill (or not really), but a problem with Shifting Equilibrium that I had was how we weren't supposed to know that she was moving to Baton Rouge and for Ray until the last minute of the episode. I get how that was the big, grand, twist of an ending... but it would've been nice to hear it... mentioned in a more explicit way.

I'm going to resort to making another Doug/Carol comparison. Carol made that lovely, schmaltzy speech to Luka about Doug being her soulmate, yada, yada, yada before she leaves. The exchange has rather similar spirit to the bar conversation that Neela has with Brenner. Except, of course, it's too abstract. It doesn't quiet have the poignancy that it had the potential to have. I feel the significance of what she's saying, the allusions that are made to the decisions she's made in her relationship with Ray, the moment is kind of lost to most of the viewers except for roomie fans who are paying attention. Same thing with the Abby conversation (although it was more gratifying). Even with the whole hospital staff knowing but not mentioning it. That may be the reason why the party scene was cut short after a bit.

There was just weird maneuvering to work around the "suprise ending." Maybe I just wanted to savor the decision more by seeing others react to it, get used to the idea, etc. And maybe I just want Neela to make a really sappy speech about Ray. lol

thats what i wanted most. however her telling brenner what we already knew and it screaming RAY was good too
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defining Reela moments   Defining Reela moments - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defining Reela moments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2