Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1

Go down 
+3
pkd_roomies4ever
americanamuchacha020
dshortklutz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dshortklutz

dshortklutz

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2007-06-08

New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 am

Title: Are You Really Here?

Author: Debra

Rating: Teen

Summary: Spoilers for the end of 15:20 and up until the end of the series. This story is my take on what happened after the last scene in Shift Equilibrium. Reela, Morris/Claudia, Sam/Gates and Brenner/Julia, a character that was introduced in the finale.

Author's Notes: I have been working out in my head how to write this since episode 20 aired two weeks ago. I finally got to the point of writing it down, I hope everybody likes this. Is it just me or did anybody else see chemistry between Dr. Julia Wise, the intern played by Alexis Bledel in the finale, and Brenner? I kind of wish they would have brought her in for Brenner and had him leave Neela alone during Season 15. That is why I am going to bring the two of them, at least in my story, closer together. This chapter will focus on Ray and Neela but will also switch to Chicago and County and the characters there, along with Abby and Luka, in Boston.

Disclaimer: The characters you know all belong to NBC, Warner Bros. and John Wells Productions. I'm just borrowing them for this story.

It was later that night, after she had came to him in the physical therapy room where he worked at Lechatlier Medical Center , Ray had led Neela into his apartment. He sat her bag down on the floor near a table that was beside his front door and walked over to his couch. It was the same leather one that had been in their apartment in Chicago. He turned to face her with a smile on his face, before leaning over and softly kissing her. She responded to the feel of his soft lips on hers before they pulled away from each other.

"I'm sorry you had to wait so long for me to get finished with my patients," he said, taking her hand in his and gently squeezing it.

"That's okay. It gave me time to meet with the Chief Of Staff and the Chief Of Surgery. I took a tour of the surgical floor, saw my new office and met the rest of the surgical staff."

"Dr. Gavion is an interesting character, loves his bourbon, amazing surgeon but loves to get drunk. I will never forget how he acted at last year's Christmas Party."

"What did he do?"

"He kissed Jennifer, the girl I went to Georgia with on Thanksgiving, and tried to grab her ass."

"I bet that pissed you off," she stated, not really wanting to talk about his ex girlfriend but curious how he had reacted to the woman he had been dating at that time being harassed like that.

"I stopped him from doing it, the way I would have if it had been any female that had been at the party, but I didn't get as mad as a boyfriend should and she knew it. We broke up that night and she didn't take it too well. What happened at the party and our breakup pissed off Carrie, the lead nurse up in Surgery. She hates me with a passion."

"I met her, she's a nice lady. Why would you breaking up with Jennifer make her angry?"

"Jen is her niece and she was told by her that I let Dr. Gavion do what he did just to have an excuse to end our relationship. You might have trouble out of Carrie when she finds out that we are together."

"If we can get through the pain that me being a bloody moron who was too scared to tell you how I felt about you caused the both of us, we can face Jennifer, her aunt and whatever nonsense they throw our way."

He smiled at her and leaned over to kiss her, pulling her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around him, kissing him back, letting the passion grow between them. They were so lost in the moment and each other, the two of them didn't hear her cell phone start to ring until it had already went through the tone for the second time. Neela reluctantly pulled her lips off of his and got up off of his lap, taking her phone out of the pocket of her coat, which she had laid on the back of the couch before she sat down. She looked at the caller id and smiled when the number of who was calling appeared on the screen.

"It's Abby. She is probably curious about what happened between us."

"She knew you were coming? I was wondering why I didn't hear from her yesterday. We usually talk every Thursday while she is watching some of Joe's friends, so she won't give into the urge to pull all of her hair out."

"Should we torture her a bit and not answer her phone calls for a day or two?" Neela asked, with a michievious glint in her dark eyes.

"Sounds good to me."

Neela turned her phone off and put it back in her jacket before going back over to the couch. She and Ray had resumed their makeout session when his phone started to ring. They ignored the hard rock ringtone and left the phone lying on the table that Neela's bag was sitting next to. They pulled away from each other and went towards his bedroom, closing the door behind them.

AN: The next chapter will show Neela's first day at Lechatlier Medical Center where she meets and starts to get to know her coworkers on the surgical floor. The action will also move back to County where Simon meets the new intern, Julia, who will be introduced a lot quicker in this story than she was on the show.

I am hoping to get some updates going on my older stories since we now know that Ray and Neela are together. To quote Ray in episode 20, "Finally."
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 am

I really liked it..

I'm just really disappointed on how they did reela....

we had to suffer through gross love scenes with two men..

and not even given a kiss or even a love scene for the final moments?

its just way too hurtful to think about....

neela should of had a better ending in the finale...a video chat....heh.....no ray.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
pkd_roomies4ever

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 am

That was good. How it really should have gone down. and americana, i totally agree with u. we got ripped off.
Back to top Go down
KG

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Aaaww - I like it. V good so far.
Back to top Go down
babyblue

babyblue

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Great job D!! Can't wait to read the next chapter! I'm going to write my own version of this soon too. I think we are all trying to picture this in our heads because like was already stated we did get ripped off. I think we should all write our own versions of the events following Equilibrium, what you guys say?
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 am

Keep posting!

I love that Ray keeps Abby phone company. It's great that they're in touch-- which makes Abby's urging Neela to go to Ray even more endearing.

Ah, these 'Shifting Equilibrium' epilogue-fics are much needed. It's the weirdest state of mind to be in to leave this couple just as they're about to begin something. It's like the best, most hopeful place to leave them and the most frustrating moment at the same time.
Back to top Go down
slayertwo2002

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:31 am

Love it. When are you going to write another chapter????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1   New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Fanfic- Are You Really Here- Part 1
Page 1 of 1