Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something I thought of regarding Reela...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sem1973

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Something I thought of regarding Reela... Empty
PostSubject: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 8:00 pm

G-Unit has brought up a really good point when she stated that Ray does want to consumate his relationshp with Neela without her first giving him her heart. He doesn't want to be just another guy she sleeps with because that's all she can seem to share of her self with a man.

Ray had been a player in the past where getting a woman into bed was more important than winning her heart. Falling in love with Neela changed all that but it wasn't until he hit rock bottom that night of Luby's wedding and got into the accident that would change his life forever, did he finally realized that he wanted so much more from a relationship. He had been able to sleep with a woman just for the physical pleasure of it and not have to engage his heart into the mix. Neela was the one woman he couldn't just have a meaningless fling with and that is because she was able to penetrate his rough exterior and reach his heart.

Just as G-Unit said, Ray doesn't want to go back to being a pathetic pupply pining after a woman he feels does not love him back. He wants to be loved and finally feels as if he is worthy of being loved so if that means trying to move on by dating other women in hopes of finding that love and as a result giving up on Neela having a change of heart, then I don't begrudge him that.

I do believe that deep down Neela is in love with Ray and has been for some time but has allowed her fears, guilt, and insecurities keep her from telling him. I only hope that when she finds out about Ray meeting a woman at the gym that it causes a major wake-up call that if she honestly wants to be with Ray she can't continue to waste time rather than her taking the coward's way out and just giving up entirely.

When thinking about all the possible scenarios that would be the final catalyst to getting Neela to go and fight for Ray, none of them involved an emotional phone call or email/IM between Ray and Neela but I think it might be an avenue worth exploring.

I'm not sure exactly how the conversation would be instigated but in it Neela can ask Ray why he really left her apartment that night instead of accepting her invitation to stay. Ray could then confront her with his belief that there was more going on between Brenner and her than just a working relationship and he didn't want to play the third wheel like he had before with Gates. Basically Ray needs to say to Neela that he doesn't want to be just another guy she sleeps with and that he wants more than her body; he wants her heart but if she is not willing or able to give that to him; then they will never be anything more than friends. By saying this to her he is laying it on the line and putting the ball in Neela's court so to speak. It would then be up to her to decide just what and who it is she wants. It will give her some serious food for thought.

GO REELA! cheers cheers cheers
Sem1973
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 pm

it makes sense, it does explain why ray didnt stay that night, neela seems to have no problem with getting down and dirty with a guy, EW! Its true, Before they can really go all the way in every aspect of their very complicated history, neela needs to give her heart to ray and not be so afraid, i still think she feels guilty over michael and how she acted but yeah. its true, when you love someone, you cant just be their friend, or a night of meaningless sex. i do not want ray to move on but if its thats what it will take to get neela to open her eyes, then i say go for it. ray let neela go, if she really does love him, she will go after him..
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
Sem1973

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 pm

It's like that age old saying: "If you love someone let them go. If they come back they're yours. If they don't; then they were never yours to begin with."

I believe that is Ray's philosophy right now when it comes to his relationship with Neela. He loves her and would like nothing more than for them to be together but he wants it to be because she feels the same way about him as he does about her. He's played the "pining for" and "patiently waiting for" game and he ended up losing every time.

This time around though he is being smart. If Neela really does love him and want to be with him then she'll have to go to him and say it/prove it. If she doesn't go to him; then he'll at least know where he stands. In the meantime, he is moving on with his life and focusing on making himself happy.

True love is a two-way street where both have to make an effort to meet in the middle. Ray has come Neela's way numerous times and now it is Neela's turn to make the move.

Sem1973
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 am

yup, you are right sem. but i have a feeling that neela goes after ray and if she does, i take back every comment i ever made about her!
Back to top Go down
Sem1973

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:26 am

Is that every GOOD or BAD comment? Question Wink

Sem1973
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 am

Bad of course, I've done my fair share of wanting to smack her for how she's been all over the place emotionally and unintentionally leading ray on, giving him false hope but believe me, I know how it feels to given false hope and it SUCKS! I dont blame ray's character one bit for being cautious and not giving in until he's completely sure but yeah...i want to like neela again and i started to in haunted, if she goes after ray, i'll like her character again, I do like ray tho..he's not perfect but i grew to Love him character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I thought of regarding Reela...   Something I thought of regarding Reela... Empty

Back to top Go down

Something I thought of regarding Reela...
Page 1 of 1