Save Reela!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Reela!

An effort to ensure that Ray/Neela are together at the series finale of ER

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane West/Ray Barnett

Go down 
+17
anna
jontinf
Kay20
akaz
pkd_roomies4ever
babyblue
Ritto88
Sammy
dshortklutz
g-unit
roomieslover
americanamuchacha020
Elsa
zNoelbaby
aleunam
Sem1973
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sandalwood

Sandalwood

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:34 am

anna wrote:
Ha ha I completely forgot those comments didn't get past the all hearing Weaver... what was her quip ? something along the lines of 'well how about you move em over to ?

Anna -- right; she said something like "well move it over to Admit!"

Kerry and Ray had some great exchanges ("it's the whole package"; and the whole "resignation accepted' conversation. funny stuff!)

KG-- I know, that Pratt one cracks me up all the time.
Back to top Go down
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:10 am

So, I realized the SB line is "I wish I didn't feel the way I feel..." which makes me feel a little silly since it's one of my all-time favorite Reela scenes. tongue

I'm quite fond of the "Is he cute?" comment as well. It has something to do with the delivery and the look on his face...

Right, I get such a kick out of the Sikh day line because we see how he cracks himself up.

This isn't a Ray line, but I love his reaction when Morris starts breaking out into singing "Mo-mo-Moooorris" during the end of some trauma in 'Gallant Hero' and Ray just looks back at him so bemused.

I also love the "Holiday Inn" line. I'm not even going to try to paraphrase it. But, it's lovely, Very Happy and this has made me realize that hanging out with Ray would be quite fun.
Back to top Go down
GalwayGirl

GalwayGirl

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Who was Ray Barnett?   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Still winding down. But just thought I'd add this before I finally stop posting.

Lets face it. Ray was a bit of an Enigma really.

Ray – a true generation Xer. Cool Dude, a poseur, a little eccentric. Although only ever alluded to, one got the sense that he was your typical latch-key kid from a one-parent family. But we never learned for sure, he always remained a little bit of a mystery.

He was a grungy rock musician turned doctor, the epitome of cool. He was fun and charismatic, charming and clever but we really never learnt much about who he really was.

We learnt a lot about Neela’s background, ditto for Abby, Luca, Pratt, Gates and Sam. That allowed us to identify with them. Even Morris’ background was shaded in. Come to think of it we learnt more about Brenner and Banfield than we ever did about Ray.

Ray’s background was, to say the least, very sketchy. It was only ever hinted at in throw-away comments and one-liners. Even he admitted that some of the information was untrue(eg. he invented a brother to console a young patient.) Another time there was a mention of Philly, yet his mother lived in Baton Rouge. He alluded to the fact that his father did not know what it was like to sit down to a hot dinner. But we never learned why. Another time his mother was painted as a bit of a party girl. But all of that leaves us in even more doubt as to who he really was. What snippets about him were true what were not?

He was an only child. But was his mother a single mum? Were his parents still together? Were they divorced? Had either or both remarried? Everything about him was so vague. Yet Shane West brought incredible charisma to the part.

In Series 11, we saw Ray grow up and make real choices about his future. In Series 12 we saw him fall in love and mature as a doctor but there was still something reckless about him. Remember the hilarity around him resigning and not resigning. So feckless and so typically Ray! Then in Series 13, we saw him chasing his tail and floundering. Was that, in part, because Shane West had already decided he was moving on? Or were there greater plans for Ray if Shane had stayed? We’ll never find that out now.

I always felt, in many ways Ray just did not fit. His character was more suited to ‘One Tree Hill, The OC or even Gray’s Anatomy than it was to ER. Oddly, I thought he played better off the older characters like Kerry, Carter and Abby than he did off the newer generation with the exception, of course, of Neela.

I liked Ray, I enjoyed him, I was entertained by him but I did not get him and in the heel of the hunt I really do not know who he really was.
Back to top Go down
americanamuchacha020

americanamuchacha020

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:24 am

Ray's a mystery regarding his background, however we do know how he as a person, I saw Ray as an immature rocker doctor with a big heart, I truly believe that Neela changed him for the better, although Neela unpurposely burned him, She gave him the best thing of all, HER in the end. His face was priceless, despite everything that was thrown at them, they come out intact in the end and now as lovers.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youravon.com/sadieyoung
jontinf

jontinf

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:18 pm

It looks like Shane and The Germs are having a summer tour. Anyone thinking of catching a show?
Back to top Go down
Caro

Caro

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:57 pm

GalwayGirl wrote:
I always felt, in many ways Ray just did not fit.

You know, when I think about it, I think that's what I liked so much about that character:
he did not exactly fit, and I must admit to me that's why he was a bit of a breath of fresh air at the time he became a regular on the show, he was fun and really gave out that "i live my life the way I want to" kind of thing. Of course that also showed that he needed to mature and grow up a bit, which he more than did, but I liked the fact that he always remained someone who lived his life the best he could in his own way (without ever coming across as selfish, as we all know what a big hearted character he was!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane West/Ray Barnett   Shane West/Ray Barnett - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane West/Ray Barnett
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3